Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Back together again in Kathmandu

Good morning, everyone! I've just awakened from a full night's sleep, my first in about four days. I've bathed (not showered-the shower head blew apart as soon as I pressurized it) and we had a nice group dinner last night of pizza, beer and wine, at Fire and Ice in the Thamel district.

Today Mark (K), Sue Dimin and Marie Gibson go home; Dick Durant left last night. Today will be a day of re-organizing packs, getting laundry done, and confirming airline reservations for those stragglers who arrived here yesterday. These are pleasant chores in comparison to the uncertainties and anxieties of getting out of the mountains, and I look forward to them with anticipation.

It appears that we may have left some gear behind in the confusion of our various evacs. A full bag of climbing gear can't be located this morning, and I seem to have left my trekking poles in Lami Danda, but in perspective, those seem to be relatively manageable issues.

Expect more later, as I have time to absorb it all, but right now I can't seem to concentrate on much except the plate of fried eggs and black coffee that was just put in front of me.

Namaste,
Jim Ronning

No comments:

Post a Comment